Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CWM Ribs on the small

Options
Capt Frank
Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked a rack of CWM ribs last night and decided to use the small to check lump consumption per Bacchus' post yesterday :)

Filled to top of Fire Box5105871192_3ffc28c731.jpg
PA210007 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr

Temp at the "Boiling Point."
5105872588_2a1c82dd17.jpg
PA210009 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr

Ribs on :P 5105871866_a4ce186c80.jpg
PA210008 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr

Getting Happy :)
5105279075_49a632a063.jpg
PA210010 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr

Just about there :ohmy: there is no mustard on the bone side, I don't know where the yellow color came from.
5105874098_65415b5687.jpg
PA210011 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr

DONE :ohmy: :woohoo: :cheer: 5105874764_c1db6d5bde.jpg
PA210012 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr

These were some of the best I have done, they took about 5 hrs on the small and used no more than a handful of lump. I should have taken a pic of the "afterburn" this morning but I reloaded and stirred before I thought about it.

thanks for looking :)

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Sweet looking ribs Captain! :)

Hope you have plans to enjoy this beautiful weather.
    Can't wait until our next JJ excursion.
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Thanks Rebecca,
    I am not crazy about repeatedly posting pics of pretty ordinary cooks, but these were especially good [you know where they came from]and I was interested in how much lump the small would use.
    Mickies surgeon dismissed her yesterday, so yes, we are enjoying the weather and we are planning to make a quick trip to our place in FL for a couple of weeks :cheer:
    I'm ready for JJs anytime, maybe we can make a run during the Holidays :)
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    nice looking rack........can a 50 something year old guy still say that and not get in trouble...........
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    You Bet! :laugh: Notice your small rig in there? Cooked with just the drip pan and 2" bolts to raise the grid a little. I love this setup, thanks :cheer:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Hey that's some great looking ribs! I'm finding that my new small burns very little lump to get the job done, very impressed with how it works so far and I'll smoke a rack of baby backs one of these days. It's a great little egg.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I keep forgetting about my small. Seems like the large and mini all the time.
    Got to get back to that small. You did nice work...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Nicely done and on the Small as well. I love mine but if I'm doing ribs I use the Medium. Don't know if its just that I used it for so much longer and know it better or if the Small is just harder to regulate and stabalize. Eather way great results! ;)
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    Some fine lookin ribs there Capt!!!!
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Thanks Clay,Mickey,JL and Kricks, say Hi to the wife for me Kevin