Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Menu

Options
JerseyEgger
JerseyEgger Posts: 315
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So what's on the menu this weekend? I'll have my girls so we're gonna do some Monkey Bread (recipe courtesy of emandmsdad)and I am gonna do a first time spatchcock chicken. Sunday I may do some ribs.
-Eddie

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I'm gonna try Egret's chili in my new CI dutch oven. It goes without saying I will also need some dogs to go under that chili. I got some Kayem franks (which are used in the Fenway frank) so I have high expectations!

I have been wanting to try Monkey Bread as well...might just have to do that Sunday morn. So many great things to cook...so few days in a weekend.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JerseyEgger
    Options
    Where did you get the Dutch oven from? I actually started cooking during the week too now. Less elaborate but still eggin' nonetheless. I'll definitely post pics of the Monkey bread and my other cooks too.
    -Eddie
  • RogerT
    RogerT Posts: 53
    Options
    Did chicken quarters with grilled eggplant and zuchini last night and fresh bread. Tonight is Ribeyes and probably baked taters. No egging this weekend as we have my Father in Laws 90th birthday party to Emcee.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Roger
  • grillandbrew
    Options
    Apparently we are cleaning out the freezer at my house today as the wife just called and said she had laid out 6 fish fillets (all different kinds of fish she thinks) and she want's them "egged" for dinner tonight. So I am thinking Orzo Pasta, Grilled Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus with olive oil and garlic, Steamed vegetables, a sampling of each type of fish and some homemade tarter sauce.

Then the rest of the weekend is dedicated to Bread - I have decided I am going to learn to bake a good loaf of bread on the egg if it is the last thing I do so I have ingredients for 4 different doughs ready to experiment with.
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    Sounds good.

Sunday I'm going to make some pork chops and chili verde.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • JerseyEgger
    Options
    Thats sounds awesome. Looking forward to some pics.
    -Eddie
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Son and DIL visiting

Stuffed fritos, sliders, moink balls, ribs and college football Saturday
  • Egglectic
    Egglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • JerseyEgger
    Options
    Sounds great
    -Eddie
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Sounds great! Hope you have a good time the girls! I am doing egged chicago style italian beef with some homemade giardiniera all on some hoagie rolls.