Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weekend Menu

JerseyEggerJerseyEgger Posts: 283
edited 12:24AM in EggHead Forum
So what's on the menu this weekend? I'll have my girls so we're gonna do some Monkey Bread (recipe courtesy of emandmsdad)and I am gonna do a first time spatchcock chicken. Sunday I may do some ribs.
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,560
    I'm gonna try Egret's chili in my new CI dutch oven. It goes without saying I will also need some dogs to go under that chili. I got some Kayem franks (which are used in the Fenway frank) so I have high expectations!

I have been wanting to try Monkey Bread as well...might just have to do that Sunday morn. So many great things to cook...so few days in a weekend.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Where did you get the Dutch oven from? I actually started cooking during the week too now. Less elaborate but still eggin' nonetheless. I'll definitely post pics of the Monkey bread and my other cooks too.
    ·
  • RogerTRogerT Posts: 53
    Did chicken quarters with grilled eggplant and zuchini last night and fresh bread. Tonight is Ribeyes and probably baked taters. No egging this weekend as we have my Father in Laws 90th birthday party to Emcee.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Roger
    ·
  • Apparently we are cleaning out the freezer at my house today as the wife just called and said she had laid out 6 fish fillets (all different kinds of fish she thinks) and she want's them "egged" for dinner tonight. So I am thinking Orzo Pasta, Grilled Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus with olive oil and garlic, Steamed vegetables, a sampling of each type of fish and some homemade tarter sauce.

Then the rest of the weekend is dedicated to Bread - I have decided I am going to learn to bake a good loaf of bread on the egg if it is the last thing I do so I have ingredients for 4 different doughs ready to experiment with.
    ·
  • DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 763
    Sounds good.

Sunday I'm going to make some pork chops and chili verde.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
    ·
  • Thats sounds awesome. Looking forward to some pics.
    ·
  • Son and DIL visiting

Stuffed fritos, sliders, moink balls, ribs and college football Saturday
    ·
  • EgglecticEgglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    n/m
    ·
  • Sounds great
    ·
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Sounds great! Hope you have a good time the girls! I am doing egged chicago style italian beef with some homemade giardiniera all on some hoagie rolls.
    ·