Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nawlin’s Saints and BGE Pizza

Eric
Eric Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
patio.jpg
<p />
Well…at least one thing with a dome in New Orleans produced something worthwhile yesterday, it sure wasn’t the Super Dome! [p]TIP- I spent apx $15 on all of the toppings but only used a small portion of each, I’m sure some of the left over toppings will go into the trash b/c I will just never get around to using them. As I walked out of the store I passed by the gourmet salad bar and the light bulb went off. Everything I wanted (except the cheese) was available at the salad bar; pre cut, washed, available in the exact quantity I want and ready to top the pizza. I could have spent apx $5 and gotten the exact amount of toppings, w/ no waste. [p]Yesterday I decided to listen to the N.O. Saints game (yes…..listen, they couldn’t sell enough tix to lift the blackout) and cook a pizza on the BGE.[p]The plan was for a spinach, artichoke, bell pepper, onion and tomato pizza with a garlic butter sauce. MMMM good.[p]Tried something new for the crust. I picked up some frozen bread dough at the market, sold in a pack of three 1# frozen loaves (won’t bother w/ brand b/c I don’t think I ever see the same brand from week to week, the dough is always in the same spot but the brand is different, never tasted a difference).[p]Thawed the dough over night in the fridge, next day floured the counter and rolled it out while listening the pre-game. The dough was easy to work with and I actually got the pizza to look like a circle…a first for me.[p]Light the BGE, build the pizza, shake head at Saints’ 1st quarter performance.[p]BGE dome up to temp, pizza on the stone, shake fist in general direction of Super Dome. [p]Cook time apx 10 min. In that time the Saint’s dealt themselves a fatal blow thought their usual antics (flags, blown routs, all the Jr High mistakes).[p]Eat Pizza. MMMM Good. Turn off Saints at the half, think about what to cook next week.[p]Ah…. life in the Big Easy[p]PS. if you visit NOLA check out our B&B

[ul][li]Bohemian Armadillo B&B New Orleans[/ul]

Comments