Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

!!! A Different Way Of Opening Egg Dome!!!

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have all had our share of a whoosh or burning heat from opening the dome, especially when we are new at this. So I just wanted to share a different way that i have picked up on and it has really helped. Especially when searing at high temps.

I like to stand on the side toward the back of the egg, reach around and burp and lift. Trust me, I have avoided many flare-ups in my face and fire balls on my arms by doing this.

This may or may not be for you but it sure helps me alot, and i never have to worry about fire or extreme heat in my face anymore.( What a Relief). Hope this helps somebody.

The credit of this goes to my cousin who doesn"t have an egg, and said to me one day, why don"t you just stand behind the egg reach around and lift. And I said duhhh. Peace...

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Wear a glove. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• sirlancealot
    Options
    I do have a Elbow high glove and do use it too.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    That should work.I just open the bottom and top vent wide open for a few seconds to let the fire breathe,put them back where I want them after closing the dome.NO FBK in a year. ;)