Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do people do when not egging...or what do you do for a living

Options

Comments

• Julie R,
    It would seem that a few of us have some time to kill... If you have time to write it up, I would like to read about how ya'll started selling the egg.[p]Thanks,
    Matt.

• pointer
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]I am a Fishing Bait Distributor.
    Wishing I was a Full Time Fisherman![p]Brad

• Essex County
    Options
    stike,
    Nice drawings. Is the one on the right an actual building in Boston or is it a scene from one of those dark, new age comic books?[p]Paul

• Bobby-Q, Used to work as a tree climber then I became a "YAC" young alcolholic carpenter. Then got sober, then went to hotel school, then dit the career thing, then said wait I hate working 60 hours a week, I do not like being polite to rude people. So I talked my way into a janitor's job at a graphic arts company seven miles down the dirt road I live on. 4 ten hour days. I have had the egg for 3 chickens 2 batches of beans, 1 pizza, and 2 racks of ribs, about 2 weeks. I would have cooked more but it has been 20 or colder.

• David from RI
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Owned a large Catering company for 18 years , sold it took a few months off and now work at Brown University as a manager for the Visual Art Department for 35 hours a week as opposed to 350 hours a week. Perfect for Egg practice.[p]DR
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    contracts manager for a large non-profit gov't contractor (i know, sounds like an oxymoron, but we actually serve as the government's unbiased and trusted advisor). . .i could tell you more, but then i'd have to kill you all, and then who would i have left to have fun with at eggfests?

• Cornbread Willy
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Trial lawyer by trade - spent 10 years on the defense side and hopped the fence in January to start my own firm here in Richmond VA. Combine that with a new baby and there ain't a ton of time left over to Egg, although I made probably my best-ever ribs this past weekend.[p]I enjoy what I do professionally, but if I had it to do over again I'd like to be a chef at a ski resort in Colorado or some other place out west.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Essex County,
    it's a short section of a building on boylston street i was the senior designer on. a luxery hotel with condominiums, retail, etc., in boston. that image is actually a thumbnail from a bigger drawing, which is about ten times as wide/tall.[p]the building should be completed in a few years[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    i stand in front of water with a fishing rod in my hand more than 200 days per year, sometimes i cast it. for work i run a small engineering/ metal fabricating shop that designs and manufactures pressure and vacuum vessels. when not fishing, i stand in front of water with my egg, and sometimes when the lake freezes over i stand on the lake and fish and egg.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Bobby-Q,[p]I'm a recovering public defender working as a trial court judge.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    stike,
    sub "luxury" for "luxery"[p]hahahaha oops

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I spent 10 years in the automotive repair industry. Doing everything from changing oil to big mechanical work. I spent 8 years with Express Oil Change, the last 2 as a trainer going to all the franchise stores and making sure they were doing things the Express way! [p]3 months ago, I put all of that behind me and I bought a small butcher shop here in Decaur, Alabama.

• BostonBBQ
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Was a student at Northeastern University until last spring. Now work at a small company developing wireless mobile video conferening systems.

• BostonBBQ
    Options
    sorry, make that "wireless mobile video conferencing systems"
  • Twilleygirl
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Okay, stay with now....
    Went to school for Radiology, then worked as a finance manager for 3 years, then became a massage therapist and now I am a meetings and events administrator. [p]Twilleygirl

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Gee, whodda thought there were so many computer geeks around here.[p]When I'm not cooking on the egg for fun, I'm cooking on the egg for profit, or talking about cooking on the egg, or writing about cooking on the egg, or just sitting around smiling.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    drbbq,
    Yea, you've got a great job, you and fishlessman.

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    drbbq,
    Speaking of which, hold me two slots for your class in Lakeland. Let me know how much, and where to send the check.[p]Kelly

• Eggsellent
    Options
    Julie R,
    Amen, my fellow mommy!! Of corse, I just have one (well two if you count Mark Backer) but I do understand!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    drbbq,
    hey, i still want a first edition of the book when it comes out, autographed for me and the spawn. ..actually, from what i think you said about the timing, a big book signing in waldorf may be in order :)

• Eggsellent
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Went to Auburn (yes, still bitter about being #3) for public relations/communications.[p]Started out at a fairly large travel agency working on their phone system and ended up managing their leisure department and web development. Did some really great traveling (big perk in the travel industry - before 911).[p]Had my daughter 2 1/2 years ago and was fortunate enough to find work that allows me to stay at home with her. I do technical support for hoteliers currently. Nothing fancy - but I wouldn't trade my situation for the world.

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Mark Backer, We make just the machines, no eating here. But 6000 doz and hour of 6" corn tortilla is real impressive!

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Started my working life with a hoe and a row of orange trees needed the weeds got out from under them. After a while I graduated to tractor driver, pullin' a disk or chopper, filling my lungs with black dust in the sweltering heat 10 hours a day for less than minimum wage. That didn't suit me for long, so I put myself through nuclear engineering school and went to work for TVA doing reactor shielding calculations in FORTRAN. I stayed in commercial nuclear power for 16 years, essentially doing IT and database work. My last nuclear gig was a 10-year run at Turkey Point Nuclear Plant in Florida City, FL. In '96 my daughter was a year away from beginning high school at South Dade High, and since we couldn't afford private school we left Dade county so she wouldn't have to attend the public high school... too many drugs, too many gangs, too much violence. I decided to ply my IT trade (database administrator) outside of the nuclear power community, and in 2001 wound up at Starwood Hotels and Resorts. It took 19 years to find it, but it's the best job I've ever had.

• Twilleygirl
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]Small world. Starwood Hotels & Resorts is listed as one of our properties. I work for Virtuoso, Ltd. 5 star/diamond hotels and resorts pay us to hook them up with our top travel agents. This way they can get the best clientele out to visit their hotels.[p]twilleygirl
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Bobby-Q, I'm just a lowly electrician working at the Kennedy Space Center. Get to see a lot of rockets go up though!!

• drbbq
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]The info will be up this week, I promise.[p]
    [ul][li]www.drbbq.com[/ul]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Uh huh. I gotta get with Dale about that.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Butch M
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I have been in sales and sales management for over 30 years. Two years ago, became a missionary.

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Bobby-Q, sales manager for a large photographic and publishing company.Deal out a few Eggs occasionly.