Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ancient History Photo

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Guess what this is...
IBM.jpg

Hint: picture was taken in 1956. It's a hard disk drive back in 1956... with 5 MB of storage. In September 1956 IBM launched the 305 RAMAC, the first 'SUPER' computer with a hard disk drive (HDD). The HDD weighed over a ton and stored a 'whopping' 5 MB of data. Do you appreciate your 8 GB memory stick a little more now? PS -- glad it wasn't a "laptop"

Spring "Ancient Fossil" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    my buddy bought a 40 meg hard drive in 1986 for around 750 bucks, or a little less than 20 bucks a meg.

at that rate, the 139 dollar back-up disk on my desk, at 2 terrabytes in size, would be worth about 40 million dollars.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Wow, 2 terabytes for $139? That's amazing! I saw a 1 terabyte external USB for $99 the other day and thought that was pretty good.

Back in the dark ages I traded a $500 S&W 9mm semi auto pistol for a used 40 Meg drive. I thought it was a good deal cause that pistol couldn't hit the broad side of the barn unless you through it at it. :laugh:

• Gator Bait
    Options

That's amazing Leroy, it makes my back hurt just to look at it. That airplane doesn't look like any Spring Chicken either. :lol: