Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Tomato Dog!

Desert Oasis WomanDesert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited 10:14AM in EggHead Forum
Our Golden Retriever thinks Ku hung the tomato plants on the fence just for her!!

At first, she would pick up the fallen ones to consume....now, she is blatently picking the last bush bald :ohmy:

I guess we started this :whistle:
as she gets veggie trimmings and fruit tidbits -- broccoli stem ends and bananas being her favorites :silly:

As a pup she enjoyed the jalapenos that we tried to grow in containers......and she has always loved to pull young bamboo fronds from the bushes.....hence, we gave up gardening for the past 5 years and got rid of the bamboo during the remodeling a few years ago....

...she's an indoor dog with more toys than most toddlers :unsure:

what does your dog love to consume?
·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,774
    "Dave's Insane Sauce" will solve your problems... :woohoo:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Saw this book the other day, and being a mischievous grand-dad, was thinking about getting it for my grandson:

Book at Amazon

Don
    ·
  • :laugh: Love it!!

Our son had "Everybody Poops" and we always got a kick out of reading it with him! B)
    ·
  • Bring some to Plano and we can all do the toothpick taste test :lol:
    ·
  • biscuit picks her own tomatoes and green beans from the garden and i got rid of the strawberry patch because, every mornign when i let her out she would pick the ripe ones.
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Kari, thanks for the laugh this morning! :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like you trained her well, lol.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,566
    huh? what cherry tomato?
    IMG_2505.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Darian,

We had a golden with a chewing problem. Turned out he loved the Dave's. We didn't like the after effect much.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,774
    Funny Steve...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • sounds like she knows the good stuff!
    too bad about the strawberries :(
    Ku grew up eating strawberry shortcake on biscuits :silly:
    ·
  • priceless :woohoo:
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    :lol: :lol:

Gotta luv dem Westies! ;)
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,122
    my old german shepard was a tomato picker :laugh: one year he found a source for giant georgia peaches, have no idea whos porch he was getting into to get those :laugh: my brit wont touch a veggie, fruit, or even a pizza bone where my old shepard would wait in the window if he thought a pizza guy was delivering
    ·