Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest----Ms,Diane

Options
Poppasam
Poppasam Posts: 440
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was there most of the time from Thurs afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I believe the foundation has been laid for a great event, Sure there were several things that did not go as planned or that were not well thought out. Most of it worked and most had fun. Someone new to the fest asked, These folks pay to come, buy food to cook,cook all day and give it away? Why? My answer was beacuse they are EGGHEADS. All I can say is it was something to see, be a part of. and I'm sure it will be better next year.

Now to Ms.Diane. Several of you got off over in the corner and found the Lady having a great time. She had a great weekend. As we were heading to chemo today she said vacation is over. Some of you reading this may not have known that her cancer had returned and in june we started chemo again. Today we found out that her tumor marker had dropped again from 126 a few weeks ago to 80 last week. It was around 600 in June. She also had gained 3 pounds which has been a hard thing to do. These two pieces of info sure were a blessing. She has made nine contests this year and we have had a good year. She has had a tough battle but she is tough Egg. We know we have had a lot of prayers and good thoughs from a lot of you our Egg and BBQ Family and we give you a BIG THANKS. WE do not know where we are headed for sure but we sure do plan to be around to roll them Eggs out and cook again.
Any of you that have been or that have Family that have been hit with Cancer you have our thoughts and prayers with you. Our motto is - Cancer!! Help Kick It's Butt!! Thanks also to any that bought the Cancer Shirts Saturday,

May all of Your Cooks be Good and Your Lives even Better!!
Thanks to All for Your Prayers,Thoughts, and Support.

Ms.Diane - The Cook
Poppasam - The Egg Roadie
Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew

Comments

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I've followed your posts for some time and kept your family in my prayers. I am so glad that Ms. Diane was able to enjoy the Eggfest! I will continue praying (and looking for updates) - God bless you! :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Glad for the news.
    Always in my prayers.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Sam, been very worried about Diane, praying for the best. Missed your goobers so I made some myself this last weekend, pale in comparison to yours. -RP
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I know I got a hug and a smile from her. It was so nice to see y'all again. Tania stopped by later but was not able to see Diane, so she wanted to send her wishes to y'all. We are glad to hear the good news.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    So glad to hear that Ms. Diane's 19-9 is decreasing and she's been able to enjoy some competitions and the Eggtoberfest. You both remain in my prayers.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    So sorry, I did not know you were going to the fest. I would have loved to meet you both. I bought the pink shirt for breast cancer because my best friend was diagnosed with it and is a 5 year survivor.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    That is great news Sam. Diane and you remain in our prayers and good thoughts.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Sam, I have been following for some time now but, I did not know it returned. It's good to hear she is clearly making progress again and gaining some weight back. You all will stay in my prayers. Tim
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    It was great seeing you guys this weekend. And it is even better hearing that she is hanging tough. We love you both and think very highly of you all. Give her a big hug and we will keep you both in our prayers.

See y'all soon.... :)
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I was so wrapped up cooking and such a spaz I did not get over to give the Lady a big hug (nor did I see her). We're thinking of her and sending healing vibes as she starts another round of chemo. I know you'll take good care of her! Glad to hear she had a great weekend and is doing well.

Good seeing you Sam. Next time I promise to set aside some sitting down time!

All the best on kicking cancer's butt!
    Chris and the dizzy crew.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Nope...no picture.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Sam,
    Sorry to hear about the recurrence, but am grateful to know she is responding.
    You have our heart-felt prayers!