Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Cover

EggHeadFredEggHeadFred Posts: 117
edited 9:45AM in EggHead Forum
Hi folks, Does anyone know where I can get a new cover for a large egg? I just don't want to spend $70 for one of the new vented covers. Thanks.

Fred
Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
·

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Try Sears, Wally World, and other stores that sell generic covers B)
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,689
    most of the covers made to fit the Weber 22" kettle work as well. Many are on season clearance right now.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • I use the Weber covers on my large, 7$ last 2-3 yrs get another B)
    ·
    I have one as well and who is going to risk getting shot for $90.00 weber cover hiding my Egg. :woohoo:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,132
    Very nice cover, but by the time the egg is cool enough to put one on, I'm usually in bed. Not sure I would do it again. Well made, very flexible, very unlike the stock Weber covers. Sheds water and snow nicely. $25.

Here's mine on the large...

4293597063_4283dcaf65.jpg

http://www.the-cover-store.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=CSP06113KH2
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Also it's good camouflage, Who wants to steal a weber :huh: ;)

100_4278.jpg

100_4279.jpg
    ·
    Your exposed table looks good enough you still might get hit. You will wake up to find your egg on the ground where your table used to be. :laugh:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Thanks to everyone for the advice. I like the one Carolina Q recommends. Thanks
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Don't know if you have access to a store called Big Lots, but they have a generic that fits a large for about $6.00. If your large has the composite shelves, it may not fit as they require the cover for the XL. Worth a look. Good luck :)
    ·