Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggtoberfest prizes

Options
ebrooker007
ebrooker007 Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went to eggtoberfest this year and noticed they had a prize board. Unfortunately I did not notice it until it was about to close down. Anyone know if these were doorprizes or if you had to buy a raffle ticket? Also if they were door prizes did you have to be present to win?

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The numbers are on your badge to get in.
  • ebrooker007
    Options
    What numbers won and did you have to pick it up at eggtoberfest?
  • Hot Stuff
    Options
    in years past there was a "gathering of the crowd" and numbers were called out which coresponded to tickets that were given to you when you entered ... this year there was a drawing held (i guess in private) and the winning numbers were put on a list that was displayed hanging on the fence near the band ... these numbers were the six digit number that appeared on the credentials hanging around your neck and you had to check the list to see if you were a winner and then go and claim your prize ...
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    We saw that there was a 'raffle' and that the list was going to be near the demo stage but I never saw any list. Someone told me the drawing was supposed to be at 2:30 (no idea where they got that) and we were in the area for the outdoor guy interview and Brad Rouse's cooking demo during those times but never heard or saw a word.

Doesn't matter, I still had a great time and enjoyed it. Would have been nice to known we though.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • AUoldphart50
    Options
    this was the most poorly orchestrated fiasco I have ever attended. The entry was F#*ked up having preregistered and non-registered attendees in the same line, no communications on where to go for tee shirts, or what to do with the tickets and cards given at the gate. I had four reservations and they could not locate but two of them at the "gate", if you were unlucky enough to have a name ending in M-Z, you were screwed! Waiting for the hundreds of non-preregistered "guests", it seems that as there was unlimited parking available they tried to maximize the profits by allowing as many people as possible to get in, contrary to previous years where attendance was at least controlled. If this trend continues, then this may have been my last Eggotoberfest, after enjoying many including last years drizzle.
    AU Old Phart
    WDE!
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I had shirts and mugs, but I was told someone was coming to pick them up. No one did, and I never was able to leave the booth to look for someone to take them. I ended up having to take home display shirts that I saved to give away.
  • fireflight medic
    Options
    My feelings have been confirmed. This was my first time attending. I am a new Egghead for a few months now. I have heard a lot about the past Eggtoberfest events and anticipated a day of sampling many recipes. However, after quickly purchasing my tickets on-line the hour they became available (only because I was told they go quickly), taking time away from work, traveling for over 6 hours with my family, I was very disappointed to learn that the attendance was not considered to the amount of what appeared to be limited cooks. Simply there were too many lines and not enough food, shade or chairs. Unfortunately, I do not see returning next year and would not recommend this event based on my experience to other local Eggheads.