Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grill Mitt

edited 4:38AM in EggHead Forum
Can anyone recommend a good grill glove or mitt? I'll be doing some NY Strips a little later and it's going to be HOT.

Comments

• Tar Heel Smokey Mon,[p]I've got and ovglove, all that does when cooking steaks is prevent the arm hair from burning immediately.
    Burp you egg when opening to turn steaks, this will help a bunch.[p]CWM

• Tar Heel Smokey Mon,[p]I've heard those Orka silicone mitts are supposed to be good...I'm gonna buy one and find out!
  • Tar Heel Smokey Mon,
    I have a pair of the Orka and recommend them highly. I have worn them while removing a cast iron skillet from the egg after going 550-600 degrees. The glove on the iron handle got only a bit hot (not burning) after holding it about 45 seconds as I carried it into the house for serving.

• Tar Heel Smokey Mon,
    People have been posting here that Costco has the silicone mits for about 20 dollars - a very good deal. I think that included 2 mits and one potholder. Mark

• orka.jpg
    <p />The Costco in Austin has them for $24.99 and you get two mits and two pot holders.
  • GrillMeister,
    Thanks, that's it. [p]I keep reminding my wife that this would make a good Christmas present.[p]Mark