Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple Ribs

BasscatBasscat Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Loin backs (Prairie Fresh All Natural brand, they were on sale.) Inspired by a day with Car Wash Mike at a fest a few years ago, I always cook my ribs simple.... Keep the temp between 225 and 275, 5 hours total, 30 minutes of sauce at the end if I feel like it. Lately I prefer a few chunks of Pecan for smoke. These were some of my best....

Almost done....

AlmostDone.jpg

Done!

Done.jpg

First cut...

Sliced.jpg
·

Comments

• 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    Lookin mighty good=== nice cook i did some today will post pics tomorrow
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I really miss Mike, so glad he lives on with his ribs. Really great looking cook! -RP
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,303
    Great pictures of some perfect ribs!! Thanks for that!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    They look awesome! ;)
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Basscat, a lot of us have been inspired by our friend Car Wash Mike, especially when it comes to ribs. Your ribs look delicious.

(Randy, I really miss CWM as well)
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 643
    Me too. He was fun to know on the forum, and even better to have met in person.
    ·
  • Car wash Mike had it right, I have never tasted ribs this good.
    ·