Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

removing XL dome

eggzloteggzlot Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to put on a new nomex gasket tomorrow, so I need to remove the dome on my new XL (3rd cook and the felt just fell off due to adhesive issue).

I searched older posts, and people mention white plastic clips. My dealer delivered and built my egg, but did not give me any white clips.

Is it as simple as just loosening the two bolts in the back and lifting the dome off while the dome is in a down (closed) position?

People mention the white clips or zip ties for the spring, but I do not have the white clips, and not sure what I'd be zip tying. I admit, I am not Mr Fix It, and having to change the gasket is enough of a headache, now I am wondering how to get the dome off!

Any help is greatly appreciated for this newbie.

Comments