Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Tequila??

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's your favorite?

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Free :laugh: ;)I don't know enough about it to give a good response.The best I have tried is Don Julio.Beli should be able to set you in the right direction. :)
  • jetmech
    jetmech Posts: 75
    Options
    Patron
    Hornitos
    Don Julio
    in no particular order

However, I've had several in Mexico that can't be found here in the US or I simply don't know or remember the name of.
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    Same here. I tried some tekillya in Mexico that was to dye for. Figured I could buy it when I get back home and none to be found. I'm sipping some stuff right now that is to die for. There's a lot of "crap" going on in Mexico, but between the food and tequila, it can't be beat.
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    Don Julio is good. One of my fav's.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Herradura Reposado is the one I always have at home or anytime I go to a restaurant. I drink it straight, no lime, no sangrita,no salt, if I want a chaser i'd normally ask for a diet coke, but drink them separately.Nothing like tasting all the flavours present in a good tequila aged in oak barrels, a dark yellow golden colour and an intense earthy & floral aroma to the nose. Love the taste almost fruitlike & spicy. No I'm not a Herradura shareholder :laugh:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    They'll drink anything!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :ermm: :whistle:

DOWJL.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Ku and the famous OKC '10 "Ice Bucket" :whistle:

KuandTheIceBucket.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Priceless :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: got to love those two!!!!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    anejo, reposada...

i think three G's was the first premium tequila i tried, and it was fantastic. if i am sipping it, it's anejo or reposada. i'd be lying if i said i preferred one manufacturer over the other.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • THA
    THA Posts: 198
    Options
    years ago, we would go to Cinco de Mayo in Laredo at the La Posada and the old man Sauza was always there. We got to be friends with him and every year he would send us a case of Comemrativo and taught us to put it in freezer and pour like syrup. We always drank it like that unless using it in mixed drinks or our "top shelf" chili. He was a very interesting gentleman and could tell some stories. At that time,he was about 80 but going strong and this was in late 70's. Always had an armed bodyguard with him even on U.S. side of border. Don't know which son took over as Patron of Sauza but it has always been a family business.
  • Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    Milagro Single Barrel Anjeo...

Runs close to $100 a bottle but it's the smoothest you can find.