Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LORD that steak was good..and other things

mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Took a Costco 5.99 ribeye (or as we say here..Coss-co) and covered it with olive oil. Ground up some combo peppers in my little coffee grinder. Some black pepper, some tellicherry, some white stuff from somewhere else. Rubbed it all over. Sprinkled it down with some sea salt and a sprinkle of celery salt. Did the normal sear and bake. You know, gotta admit, it was one of the absolutely best perfect "Chicago crust" steaks I've ever pulled off. Maybe because I stood over it every 2 seconds stabbing with my thermapen (got a great deal on it, by the way). Did it on the mini. Have to tell you that NOTHING sears a steak like the mini. You are RIGHT ON that fire. All of my best steaks have come off the mini, now that I think about it.[p]Now that I'm done with that, gotta say one other thing. Was telling AlexShark (over a perfect steak and some nice Smoking Loon cabernet..cheap, but not pretentious) that everyone who has ordered the Thermapens has paid up right when they were supposed to and I haven't had to chase anyone down and etc etc. He looked at me and said you know, that is how it is supposed to be. We just get so used to being ripped off and dealing with cheats and liars that we start to think that is normal. It is not. THIS is normal.[p]I had to smile. Thanks for making this as much fun as it has been. You're a great bunch of NORMAL people and I love you all (despite this peculiar hangup with taking pictures of food).

Comments

• mollyshark,[p]Gee. I think this is the first time anyone"s ever called me normal. feels good.[p]This thermapen deal was fun for us as well.
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    mollyshark,[p]That Smoking Loon IS a good wine for the money, isn't it? I'm drinking some right now.[p]Thanks again for the Thermapen Endeavor.[p]TRex
  • mollyshark, I did not get a thermopen because I already have one...but I still say MOLLYSHARK is the most clever,entertaining poster on this forum. You are a class act, MollyShark !!

• mollyshark,
    peculiar hangup?[p]Not my almost home town?[p]But I still have an address there.[p]CWM

• mollyshark,
    you know, i was talking to some people just yesterday about what you've been doing with the thermapens, and the trust that you put in your fellow eggers to pay you after reciept of the goods. ...it really makes me feel good to hear you say that everyone is paid up on time.. . .this is truly a unique group we have here. . .[p]and i echo mr earl . . "normal"????. . .

• mollyshark,
    Agree with everyone else....you are one of the most helpful eggers out there & entertaining too...would like to talk more about cabernets & other value/bang for the buck reds that you've discovered....

• Buzzy
    Buzzy Posts: 29
    mollyshark,
    I was talking with the guy at Thermapen and he said you have been responsible for about half of their special sales! Good job taking care of the "normal people".[p]Thanks,
    Kent

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    mollyshark,
    Thanks for all of the work in getting the thermapens. Mine has been put to good use allready. As far as normal goes, if this is what normal is, I like it. As far as wine goes, we just got a Trader Joes and they carry the "Two Buck Chuck" wines, even though they are $3.49 here. Has anybody tried these, and are they any good? I prefer red over white if anybody cares to share their thoughts.
    Seth

• mollyshark,
    We can't wait to get our Thermapen and we can't thank you enough for putting it together. It's so nice to hear that everyone has paid and you didn't have to track them down. It really is rare these days - but so is this group. Normal?, that's still debatable. But rare for sure!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    mollyshark,
    you haven't gotten my check yet have you?[p]HAHAHAAHAHHA I WIN!![p]the second you told me my thermapen shipped, I grew an evil grin. My plan had reached fruition.[p] all i had to do to get a free thermapen was buy a green egg for around 700 bucks, cruise the BGE forum for a year or so until everyone was sure I wasn't a 'newbie lurker', then wait for someone to volunteer to buy thermapens in bulk and ship them out on faith.[p]now, a simple change of jobs and name change, and I'm in the clear.[p]was all very simple really. the best con jobs are, you know.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    mollyshark,[p]Way to go girl! As always, you hit the nail right on the head. A deal is done with a handshake, or in this case an email. Too bad the world out there is not made up entirely of folks like those in here.[p]And thanks again for all your work in putting these deals together. Even though ya can't really feel it, I'm shaking your hand. [p]Paul [p] [p]

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    mollyshark,[p]The wife wasn't too happy I got a x-mas gift for myself. I had to explain that it was on good faith. My word is my bond. I told her to wrap it up for me. After all, I am taking REAL good care of her this year.[p]Not that I don't take care. I do. Year after year. And I even cook. And clean. And make some of the best BBQ in the state of Ohio.[p]Enough about me. Thanks again Mollyshark! The wife is glad I got a deal! After all. We never like to pay full price if we don't have to. Thank you and Merry Christmas.[p]John
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]