Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoky walnut pesto pizzas

Options
2»

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I know what you mean about the Basil...and Thyme,Rosemary,Oregano and Purple Basil.Got a row OVERGROWN with it and can't even GIVE it away! :angry: Wild lookin pies Zip! B)
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    little lip is well, she's cooking as always, though mostly inside, we haven't had the time line up to coordinate her next post, a very busy kid she is
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    thats cool :)

Good to know she is busy and cooking and doing well.
  • KenHawk
    KenHawk Posts: 58
    Options
    Wow, truly inspirational!
    I take it the crust was hand tossed?

Beautifully bubbly crust, great browning all the way around!
    Any sugars in the crust recipe?
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Looking good Marc! Your an artist with food.

Awhile back I've been making pizza without tomato sauce and liking it. Your homemade pesto got me thinking again of nouveau pizza and this cool weather is perfect for some baking. Thanks for sharing, I'm inspired. :)
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    those look tasty. nice pics.

I love walnuts/cashews in my food.
    context is important :)
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    thanks Clay, & as for un-tomato-sauced pies, agreed. Usually I make one plain pie with sauce & two other pies without. Usually the base is olive oil, but I've used everything from bbq sauce, apple sauce, Heinz 57 sauce to the squeezen's of canned fish & so on - it's all good and there are no limitations
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania