Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest Friday Night

EggLuver
EggLuver Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, just saw Fidel's response to a question about Friday night, which led to a question of my own.

In Reply to: Eggtoberfest (Friday Night) posted by ptl_roswell on 2010/10/13 11:04:17
Only if you like food, booze, music, and hanging out with a bunch of new friends.

This will be our first time, so I'm wondering is the cost of food and beer included with your ticket, or do you have to pay for food and drinks on Friday night?

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning EggLuver:

Direct from the BGE Announcement...

The Big Green Egg Tailgate Party
    Friday, October 15th, 5:00pm - 9:00pm
    (Infield gates open at 10:00am, Event opens at 5:00pm)
    This will be an exciting kick-off for the main event on Saturday. Join us for a tailgate party with barbecue provided by the Big Green Egg competition teams. EGGs will be available for use on Friday night, so you are also welcome to bring something of your own along to cook as well. Wine, beer and soft drinks will be available; coolers are also permitted. This is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends, renew old
    acquaintances and plan for the day ahead.

Pretty self explanatory to me. Have fun this weekend...wish we could be there!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I won't be able to make it...wish I was going. If it were me, I would definitely bring my own cooler of beer and a bottle of something to keep me warm at night...just in case ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Thanks, the only question I have is about the drinks. It says, "available", not "provided". So does that mean you have to pay?
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning EggLuver:

In past years, beer, wine, water & soft drinks were provided...not sure about this year.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    It has been in the past and my understanding is that it will be the same this year. There may be a time frame that this occurs as I don't think they plan to serve all night. With people camping inside and outside this should be a fun weekend. I'm sure as this is a new venue for the Fest that the logistics of planning this was a real trick. Just getting all the Eggs there would be a task. When it was held at Squadron 54 it took several loads to get things there and it was no where near as big. I have Bobby-Q's trailer sitting in my front yard and plan to deliver it to the raceway tomorrow for him and will try to get an answer on Friday evening.

Good Friends-Good Food-Good Times
    What It's All About,
    Poppasam
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    My understanding is that there will be plenty of food and every paid admission will get "some" drink tickets. This is different this year.

I don't know how many "some" is, but when they're gone I would certainly be ready to either raid someone's cooler (like I do) or bring your own booze.

There will be plenty of food and beverage at the after parties at the outside campground.
  • Thanks for the "drink tickets" info Fidel. That is what I was looking for. Since you seem to be an expert at this, I'd like to ask you something else. I will be coming with a friend. We do not know anyone else attending. I'm wondering how comfortable we will feel walking around at the after party. I was just assuming we'd head back to our hotel after the event ended Friday night, but you seem to make it sound like a big party with anyone and everyone invited. Is that how it is? Of course I wouldn't dream of mooching drinks off complete strangers, and plan to bring a cooler of our own, but I would love to get a little more info from you about how it all works with the after party. Thanks!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Find me. I'll introduce you to as many people as you can stand, and then some more.

It's a big time and everyone will seem long a long lost friend by the end of the night Saturday.

I am in Lake campsite #2.