Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I want a recipe for pumpkin pie on the B.G.Egg....

Options
grillman16
grillman16 Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to cook a pumpkin pie on the big green egg. Can someone please provide me a recipe with instructions for cooking temperature, length, etc. I really want to do this.. Is it even possible? Thanks,

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I can send you one for buttercup squash

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Any recipe will work. Just set up the egg indirect with the platesetter. Make sure the dome temp is about 20-25* higher than what the recipe calls forand the temp is stable for about 30 minutes (at least) prior to putting the pie on.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    needs a pressure cooker, though, steven
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    What Crimsongator said....just think of your Egg as a ceramic oven fired by lump!
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    I use Libby's pumpkin (Not the pie filling), and double the spices then bake until there are little freckles on it. Stabilize your egg. The instructions start at a high temp and then turned down lower. Just start with the lower temp because you can't shut it down fast enough if you start high.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    This recipe is in the "recipe" area under sides. It was recommended to me at the minifest and it will be on our table for Thanksgiving. ENJOY!

Pumpkin Crisp
    Description: A wonderful dessert to go with any barbeque. Preferred by my family 10-1 over regular pumpkin pie.
    Ingredients: • 16 Oz canned pumpkin • 1 Cupbutter or margarine (melted and cooled)
    • 3 eggs • 1 CupCool Whip
    • 15 Oz sweetened condensed milk
    • ½ Cup sugar • ½ Cupconfectioner's sugar
    • ½ tsp cinnamon • 8 Ozcream cheese
    • 1 box yellow cake mix
    • 1 Cup chopped nuts

Instructions: Line bottom and sides of 9x13 pan with waxed paper.
    Mix pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon. Pour into pan. Mix dry cake mix with nuts. Sprinkle evenly over pumpkin mixture. Spoon butter over cake mix evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Cool, invert on tray. Remove wax paper. When completely cool, mix cream cheese, Cool Whip, and confectioner's sugar for frosting. Frost, then refrigerate.

Notes:
    Number Of Servings: Source: Ross Fraser, Ladson, South Carolina
    Vegetarian: No Time To Prepare:
    Date: Wed 02 Mar 2005 17:34:23 EST Viewed: 766 times
    Author: Roger in Charleston Email: ryoung@charlestoncounty.org
    Rating: No votes
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Believe it or not, the best Pumpkin pie recipe is on the Libby's Pumpkin Pie filling can. Really, try it.
  • Adult ADHD
    Options
    CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS
    AKA: CRACK MUFFINS
    2 cups flour
    3 cups sugar
    3 tbsp pumpkin spice
    1 tbsp baking soda
    3/4 tsp salt

6 eggs
    3 cups 100% pumpkin (29 oz can minus 1/2 cup)
    3 sticks butter

3 cups chocolate chips

mix dry ingredients and wet seperately.
    fold dry into wet just until blended.
    fold in choc chips.
    spoon into muffin tins
    bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until they spring back. 18 min for mini's.

I have not tried these in the BGE, but I they are not finicky and always please. I got the recipe from an Army wife, so there is no telling where they have been cooked before.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    This recipe originally called for pumpkin...I like sweet potatoes better so I changed it...easy peasy

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&func=detail&id=1225
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=898306&catid=1#

Here is one I did a while back. Pumpkin Pie is great on the EGG. I think for that one I just used Libby's, but have done them from scratch too. Yummy.