Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoked Armadillo??

Smut-buttSmut-butt Posts: 142
edited 2:39PM in EggHead Forum
I have an abundance of armadillos roaming my 2 acres and digging holes. Anyone have a recipe for smoked armadillo?? I know that there are multitudes of armadillos in Texas; any cowpokes out there try to create a dish? I've seen some fancy ladies handbags made out of their hides. These critters multiply like rabbits; thought they might taste like rabbit! Has anyone ever eaten one or know how to clean them?
There has to be a use for them besides handbags!

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Buzzard Food! ;)
  • THATHA Posts: 185
    Armadillo cooked right is decent. More like pork but fattier, not so much as possum, though.

I had a website that told how to cook it but lost it when my computer crashed. google cooking turtle it was on a website that told how to clean and cook turtles and other wild game.

Just to scare you, armadillo is the only animal other than humans that can carry leprosy
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Oh yeah.They carry leprosy(sp) :blush: BUZZARD FOOD!!!
  • You can't kill the Official State Critter :ohmy: :sick: :angry:

That's as bad as Village Idiot making Pam do all the work!! :pinch:
  • Smut-buttSmut-butt Posts: 142
    Well, I guess I'll just trap them and haul them critters about 50 miles away from my homestead and hope they stay gone. I don't want leprosy! Ha Maybe I'll paint a photo of Osama on it's hiney before I release the critter..
    Thanks for the wisdom.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,523
    We just trap and take a few miles away.
    When you trap, you put the trap where they walk. This is not the brightest critter in the forest....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I smoke them all the time, usually use a .22 :laugh:
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    Google "Possum on the Half Shell".