Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to find rutland gasket?

Could someone be so kind and post a link as to which rutland gasket I need from ace hardware. I will be installing it on a LBGE.Thanks

Comments

• Thanks for the link.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,133
    sorry but that says it is the rope - you don't want the rope you want the 5/8" flat braided gasket. Even the picture that ACE has there is wrong showing it to be 3/8" when you enlarge the picture. Don't ask me why I happen to know these things! :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • This is the man you need to talk with. Great guy to deal with.
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Gladstone(MO) ACE carries the flat Rutland in bulk as well as the rope. Good thing for me... I bought 92" (more than comes with the kit) but scrunched it down to 64"...3" less than needed for the BGE. Went back and bought 10' and, after scrunching, I had only a foot left over. Got a wide, dense gasket out of it. Used Permatex to secure it. Curing now... Will see what the morning brings.
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    Not going to use it. Let me know if you want it. Did the botton of the Egg w/ Rutland and got more to do the dome, but decided to go w/ Permatex instead. Justing sitting around going to waste. Let me know if you want it. Probably about 10 feet of the stuff.
  • chrisnjenn wrote:
    This is the man you need to talk with. Great guy to deal with.

You are correct, it was shipped yesterday and thanks for the suggestion.