Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to find rutland gasket?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Could someone be so kind and post a link as to which rutland gasket I need from ace hardware. I will be installing it on a LBGE.Thanks
·

Comments

• Thanks for the link.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,740
    sorry but that says it is the rope - you don't want the rope you want the 5/8" flat braided gasket. Even the picture that ACE has there is wrong showing it to be 3/8" when you enlarge the picture. Don't ask me why I happen to know these things! :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • This is the man you need to talk with. Great guy to deal with.
    ·
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Gladstone(MO) ACE carries the flat Rutland in bulk as well as the rope. Good thing for me... I bought 92" (more than comes with the kit) but scrunched it down to 64"...3" less than needed for the BGE. Went back and bought 10' and, after scrunching, I had only a foot left over. Got a wide, dense gasket out of it. Used Permatex to secure it. Curing now... Will see what the morning brings.
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    Not going to use it. Let me know if you want it. Did the botton of the Egg w/ Rutland and got more to do the dome, but decided to go w/ Permatex instead. Justing sitting around going to waste. Let me know if you want it. Probably about 10 feet of the stuff.
    ·
  • chrisnjenn wrote:
    This is the man you need to talk with. Great guy to deal with.

You are correct, it was shipped yesterday and thanks for the suggestion.
    ·