Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops with apple-dijon glaze

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Another night of tinkering. I had some bone-in thick cut pork chops that I didn't have time to brine, so I decided to make a glaze.

1.5c apple juice
1 Tbsp minced onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/4c apple jelly
1 Tbsp Dizzy Dust
1tsp dried thyme
1tsp sage
1Tbsp vegetable oil

Boiled the apple juice until it reduced down to about 1/2c. Maybe 10 minutes. Added in the minced garlic, onion, thyme, sage, and dizzy dust and continued to boil until the onion and garlic were soft. Maybe 5 more minutes. Added the dijon and apple jelly and heated just until the jelly melted. Transferred to a small measuring cup and hit it with the stick blender, then drizzled in the oil and continued to blend to create an emulsion.

Seasoned with salt and fresh cracked pepper, then cooked the chops direct at 350° with a good dose of apple wood chunks for 2 minutes per side, then brushed on the first coat of glaze. Flipped every 2-3 minutes, glazing each time until they were 140° internal. One final light layer of glaze and rested for 5 minutes until time to dig in.

We decided tonight was "yellow food night" so we served with mac-n-cheese and summer squash. Beverage was the golden "champagne of beers". All in all a pretty good meal.

Chops1.jpg

Chops2.jpg

Chops3.jpg

Comments