Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brand new Egg!!

sbmfjsbmfj Posts: 37
edited 5:15PM in EggHead Forum
Hi,

Just picked up my egg in Vermont on Friday. Planning on building my table today, and get egging real soon! Im using naked whiz's plans, and in the plans they ask the reader to determine whether they have a 'Autolock hinge' or a 'spring hinge'. My place is kinda small, so I dont feel like unpacking the egg just yet (wont have room to build my table) so would anyone know off hand which one I have?

The store I bought it from, had special ordered it for me.

Thanks!!
·

Comments

• You will have to look, but you are probably safe in assuming you have a spring hinge. The autolock hinge hasn't been sold for quite some time now. Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 179
    Congrats! Welcome to the forum. Enjoy you BGE. I have had mine since May and it amazes me everyday. The website and "the family" are very helpful. I do suggest that you type in question or idea into the search forum. It probably has been done before and saves time. Again Enjoy.

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    sbmfj, Welcome to the forum. Keep coming back this place is so worth it. Tim ;)

Hope you have a good digital camera cause your gonna need one. ;)
    ·