Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

iPad - Anyone Have?

Options
Jasper
Jasper Posts: 378
edited November -1 in Off Topic
So I get to try out an iPad for my work, being an IT guy and all, and I'm finding this thing to be lots of fun to use. Lots of neat games, apps and of course ahem work related applications. Anyone else use one? Someone needs to develop an egg related app. :laugh:

Comments

• Adult ADHD
    Options
    I want one or do I want and I touch...hmmm. After 6 years of having a Blackberry, I got aggrevated and went back to a simple phone. I miss the organiztional tools, calendar, contacts, etc.
  • jdwhit
    jdwhit Posts: 15
    Options
    in fact, I'm looking over the forum on my iPad right now. I love it. I use my computer when I am creating something, documents, spread sheets, etc. and use at work. I use the iPad when Most of the time I'm at home consuming content: email, reading blogs news and RSS feeds and I no longer buy paper books, I buy e books (2-3 per month). I love my iPad. I have an easel for it in the kitchen to hold it when I'm making a recipe off of it.
  • jdwhit
    jdwhit Posts: 15
    Options
    in fact, I'm looking over the forum on my iPad right now. I love it. I use my computer when I am creating something, documents, spread sheets, etc. and use at work. I use the iPad when Most of the time I'm at home consuming content: email, reading blogs news and RSS feeds and I no longer buy paper books, I buy e books (2-3 per month). I love my iPad. I have an easel for it in the kitchen to hold it when I'm making a recipe off of it.
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    No Flash support is a deal breaker for me. I have used one for work and I can see where it can be a good tool but I figure Apple will come out with an updated version that will be somewhat like the Iphone4 with dual cameras.

Also there is competition on the horizon. I have messed with a couple of Android pads and they work really well and have USB,Flash support, can truly multitask etc..

Now if someone was to give me an Ipad I would use it!

:P
  • Cruezn
    Cruezn Posts: 317
    Options
    I use my iPad all the time. I especially like it for in the kitchen, looking at multiple recipes at the same time. If I'm cooking something new on the egg, I'll have the forum pulled up. A really awesome tool. I agree the lack of flash, as well as some other minor conveniences, but for portability and functionality, overall, it can't be beat.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    my mom has one. she loves it. i'm getting one in december.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    I have an iPad, iPhone and an iPod Touch.

Personally I love my Pad. It's awesome. I use it daily for all sorts of things. My kids love it too. Great apps and surfing is fantastic on there. I would like to be able to use that poor flash technology, but other than that it's golden. Jobs don't like flash me thinks. LOL.