Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank You All

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When my old gas grill conked out, I (Anthony up North) began researching grills on the Web. Stumbled across the BGE and all of you fine folks. You helped me alot. THANK YOU. So I made the plunge a week ago. Purchased a large model BGE ($525) and most of the accessesories. Been grilling up a storm ever since. Most have been successes and even the failures tasted better than my old gas grill. But I am not the gourmet most of you seem to be. I will learn much from your advice that you all post. [p] Later I will post some info I found regarding charcoal that you all may find helpful. Thanks again.[p]Anthony up North
Anthony J. Buhl
St. Cloud, MN.

Comments

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    Anthony in the North,
    Welcome to Eggland. Glad to hear that you are part of the family. As you have noticed, the folks here are very helpful and fun too. Will be looking forward to your post regarding your eggventures and any information that you can share. [p]Now, go egg it!
    Nu-Guy

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Anthony in the North, welcome aboard and don't get the idea that we are (at least this cook) upper crust characters..We try to learn from each other and support the new owners with the simple techniques that will assure you success with your cooks. You will grow and learn the BGE ceramic cooking curve very easily. Keep it simple to start with, and then build your rubs, sauces, and tastes preferrences as "you" like them. Thats what you bought the BGE for. :-)
    So ask anything you like, and try and avoid the older cookbook for the basics.
    The older cook book (one is being developed to replace it) has a few wrinkles in its pages, and the cooking styles currently are far advanced. So confirm on the forum before you cook and you will be updated.
    Cheers and good luck..
    Char-Woody

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Anthony in the North,
    Welcome to the family. Let us know how we can assist you.

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Anthony in the North,
    Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the forum.

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    JJ,[p]I feel at home with you guys (and gals). You're my type. I will have many questions as time goes by. I'm already getting ready to try JJ's Rub and his advice on the BQ Ribs. They sound yummy.[p]Good to be aboard. Thanks again for your help so far.[p]Anthony Up North

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]You have already helped me more than I can tell you. I have read many of your posts. But a dumb question: What "old cook book" are you talking about. The one that came with the BGE I imagine. Correct me if I am wrong.[p]Thanks again.[p]Anthony Up North

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]Glad to be here!
    Anthony Up North

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Anthony in the North,

To you, a big welcome also. Glad to see each day we have
    new names & new eggers. The more input we get the better
    we all become.

Earl

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Anthony Up North, Thanks..glad to help and your correct, I should have emphasize that. BGE cook book ..it was written in the early 1990's I think. Might be a copywrite date in it. In any regard, the folks that entered those recipes, did so with every intent to help the newcombers. It does have some redeeming virtues so read it but check the form for anything you feel needs clarification.
    Your gonna have fun...Cherrio..
    C~W[p]