Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

?Crab Legs?

Options
Redmono
Redmono Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone have any experience cooking crab legs on the BGE???? Any replies would be helpful. Thanks a bunch!!

PS- First time cooking steaks on the BGE. Very easy. My wife said they were as good if not better than going out!! Sorry no pictures; steaks were gone in a flash.

Comments

• Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Options
    The ones I did were from Sam's and were the frozen king crab legs that are pretty much pre cooked. I just set the egg to 350 and put them on the grid until hot...about a half hour I think...turned out great!!
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Yep, that's about it. The only thing I would add is to make sure they go long enough for the shells to be hard...had it when they get soft.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Redmomo: Good advice thus far! Just remember, it is only a re-heat with crab legs! Won't take long at all! Florida Grilling Girl has done some gorgeous crab legs on her mini....perhaps she will chime in tomorrow. ;) Remember, you are simply reheating. You can add some smoke of course for added flavor if you choose, but it's a quick cook no matter how you look at it. (Might want to add a sprinkle of Old Bay, imo, but that is just my liking)
  • Redmono
    Redmono Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks to all!!! I will give them a try!!