Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DC Metro Eggfest

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We just got home from a "wonderful" NEW fest..for their first ever fest I think Mark and his Offenbachers crew did a wonderful job..they catered to the cooks every request, provided some awesome furniture for us to cook and serve on...the crowd was somewhat light which is fine by me..and I believe everyone got as much as they wanted to eat..this being the first of an annual event..we look forward to doing it again next year, and for those interested it is worth marking your calendar...great job guys..

Comments

• I second everything Wess said. It was my first fest and I decided to cook at the last minute and glad I did, really great place, cooks and guests. The host folks did a great job. Nice to meet you Wess and all!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Wow, now you have two local fests one in the spring and one in the fall. Did you do some sausage rings? -RP
  • WessB
    Pizza...6 of em..came out pretty good in my opinion....
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    I was thinking about you guys all day long. Sitting in the basement at Goddard testing the JWST ISIM http://www.nasa.gov/topics/technology/features/jwst-unobtainium.html

This little guy somehow found his way to our control center and provided hours of entertainment. The -400F temps in the test chamber didn't faze him a bit.

pijy.jpg
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Jeez Jason, are you a rocket scientist or something? -RP
  • WessB
    Or something...but did ya see that smile..LOL..
  • We just got home ourselves. This was our second fest. We have been BGE owners for almost a month and we're having a blast learning how to use our Egg and cooking up the recipes we've found on this forum and have picked up at the previous fest we attended.

We would like to personally thank all the cooks for all the food they prepared today and for taking the time to answer all my newbie questions. The insight and information they provided is invaluable for anyone learning how to get the best results possible from their Egg.

Thanks again to all the cooks for making today's event delicious and to mother nature for providing such beautiful weather!
  • wess, sorry i missed it, but sure glad we have another area eggfest up and running!!. . i'm sure you and sally had a lot to do with its success. ..
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    It was my very first "egg"sperience, and I must admit, I'm now convinced the BGE is for me!

Wess, your pizza was wonderful. There were people trying to time their walks past your egg, to when your next pizza was expected to be done. :laugh:
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Wess; Thanks for all the advise and taking part in our First Annual (many more to come) DC Metro Eggfest. It was awesome to meet you and Sally along with all the other cooks. You guys are :The Best"!! Without You, there would be no "Fest". Sounds crazy, but we at Offenbacher's are totally honored that you all came and helped make the day!!
  • walrusegger, Were you the cook who make the Teriyaki flank steak? If so, can you provide the recipe? It came out great and I'd love to try it myself.
  • B; Thanks for deciding at the last minute to cook at our DC Metro Eggfest. You have definitely "staked your claim" at our "Fest" for many years to come. We'll reserve the spot out there with the Big "B" on it! Lol... Thanks for being a BIG (not skinny) part of the success of the day!:)
  • Flank steak real easy: Marinated in Mr. Yoshida (Costco) with some dehydrated onion. I often put a nice layer of Dizzy Cow Lick, but didn't for the fest. I usually sear each side direct for about 3 min. per side, then shut the vents for about another 3 min. per side. I did that one for the first. But the second one I cooked I just kept the platesetter in and cooked it for about 12-15 minutes about 350-400. I think it turned out even better!
  • Just glad I didn't burn the joint down! Rookie mistake I guess. Had a great time and will definitely be back next year! Thanks for taking such good care of me, my family and all the other cooks and guests!