Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The "Tim Allen" method of grid/rack cleaning

BigGreenDonBigGreenDon Posts: 166
edited 5:09PM in EggHead Forum
Every once in a while, somebody will post asking for the best method to clean their grids. Many of the responses are "don't bother" or "just burn them off at the start of the next cook", or something like that.

I don't subscribe to that philosophy. (holding back the primal grunt)

Herewith is the basis of my grid cleaning method:

Pressure_Washer.jpg

Isn't she a beauty? (arg...., um nevermind...)

I find the dirtiest spot in my driveway (in the interest of killing two flying tetrapod vertebrates with one solid mineral aggregate) and set to coat both sides of my grates or racks with oven cleaner. I let them sit a bit while I set up the pressure washer. I set the pressure washer for low-pressure detergent spray (I use dish detergent) and coat the grids with suds. After letting that sit for a few minutes, I put the high pressure nozzle on and go to work (arrg, arrg, arggggggg!).

Washing.jpg

I find that it is important to do this in a different location in my driveway each time. My driveway gets cleaned up in a piecemeal fashion this way!

Clean_Spot.jpg

I've been doing this for a while, but just never took the time to take a few snapshots until today.

Don
·

Comments