Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Forgive me MotherShip, for I have Sinned!

thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
edited 6:07PM in EggHead Forum
Three hail Mary's for forgiveness and a promise to post my new Pork and Hominy Stew (on the BGE for sure) by tomorrow at the latest(Colorado at Mizzou tonight, got to get off to the tailgate party).

Okay, forgive me but my wife cooked my last slab of beef ribs in the crock pot...OMG however they were OUTSTANDING!

I'm not a big low and slow grilling fan or expert anyway. Actually I'm more of a ADHD cook, requiring near instant gratification. So my wife got tired of moving this slab around in the freezer waiting for me to grill them.

Since it was not vacuum sealed tt did have a short life expectancy so she tossed it in the crock pot with some BBQ sauce and when we got home, dinner was ready.

Tonight or tomorrow...Pork and Hominy Stew... on the Egg...I promise.
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
·

Comments

• Way to go Mom! Beef ribs aren't that good smoked on the BGE anyway. BGE ribs should be pork!
    ·
  • Beef ribs aren't that good smoked on the BGE anyway

Lake Conroe Egger's are outta sight :woohoo:
    ·
  • I'm sure Frank's are great. I just don't think beef is very good when slow cooked...even briskit. That's just me. It's kinda like dove. I've been hunting doves for years...whenever I say I don't like the taste of dove, someone always says "you ain't tasted my mother's, or my wife's or somebodies dove pie!". 'S just me. Low n Slow belongs to PORK!
    ·