Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

has anyone smoked a ribeye roast

TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
has anyone smoked a rib eye roast
·

Comments

• Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,072
    I've never smoked a prime rib but I used this as a guide with excellent results: http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/03/beef-standing-rib-roast-prime-rib.html
    ·
  • dubahdubah Posts: 59
    I'm looking to do the same tomorrow eve. for the in-laws. I searched the recipes a bit and looked on the web. I got mine at Costco, no bone. Any advice would be appreciated.
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,221
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·
  • I've used Mad Max's recipe on Naked Whiz site...also playing with fire is very similar and will work. It's an easy cook, just don't over cook. I'll pull my prime rib about 10 degrees before I want my target temp to be, for the rest will continue to cook. Good luck, it is a very good dinner and am getting hungry thinking about it.
    ·
  • tsinartsinar Posts: 14
    I used this method last weekend to practice for the daughters' upcoming wedding rehearsal dinner. Worked GREAT! Now for the real deal in two weeks.....
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    If you are talking about a low and slow smoking I have not, but I have roasted with Max's method several times and it is fantastic. -RP
    ·
  • For those that use the MadMax method, Can you give me a ballpark figure for time? I know it depends on size of the roast and temp you want it at, but I just need a ballpark for planning purposes. Doing my first one for some friends Saturday night and looking for what time to start the cook so that it finishes roughly at dinner time...
    ·