Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orka Silicone Oven Mitts

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
orka.jpg
<p />Someone had mentioned earlier that Costco had a deal on silicone oven mitts for about $25. I picked one up yesterday and decided to give them a try by picking up a 450 degree hot pizza stone.[p]Whoo Hoo, I walked around the back yard for about a minute before I could feel the heat coming through. That's about 4 times longer than my welders gloves. These things are great for handling hot pizza stones or placesetters. Just pop em in the dishwasher to clean up.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]May toddle over to our local Coss-co (as we call it) and see if they have some. I checked eBay and this is the best price around!![p]Tanx![p]m
  • terrafirmay
    Options
    mollyshark,
    In my Costco they are in the cookware section, next to the Rubbermaid storage containers.[p]****

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    terrafirmay,[p]You trying to keep me from wandering Coss-Co and buying things I don't need? Humph..the nerve.[p]mShark
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]Nahhh, he's just making sure you get what you came for. Ever go to Costco for a reason and come out with a cart of stuff, but forgot the main thing that caused you to go there in the first place?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • glenn
    glenn Posts: 151
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    THey sell okra gloves at linnin and things also.
    they have 2 versions. ones with a normal lengh cuff and some with a 12 inc cuff (covers your arm up to the elbow)[p]Great for reducing the amount of armhair lost in flashbacks.
    And also usefull when you decide you dont wanna use the platesetter afterall and the cooker is already at 350 deg.[p]I thunk that I wanted a pair of the long ones,only reason I didnt buyem is cause I got these big ole forearms and I couldnt get my hand inem far enough to close the fingers.
    guess 1 size dont quite fit all. Wifie tells me if I would leave the high pig fat meals alone maybe I would fit into a pair.
    But whut good is a bge without pig fat???
    Glenn[p]

• I have the longer pair and they are GREAT! It's nice when someone gets in your way and you have a 190 degree brisket in your hands and wonder where you are going to put it because it's burning your hands.
    I think I'm going to get the shorter ones for next year.

• terrafirmay
    Options
    mollyshark,
    I wouldn't stop you from wandering, Mollyshark. Joan always says we can go broke saving money.[p]Seriously, the Orka mitts are good and I would buy them again but they are not as good as I expected, if that makes sense. I used them to carry our turkey in a roasting pan from the Egg to the kitchen, maybe 35 feet, and I knew I was carrying something hot. The mitts transmit some heat.[p]****