Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg locked up for 30 days

Options
Serial Griller
Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Due to stage 2 fire restrictions We haven't been able to use our egg since Sept.7th.
At first I was really grumpy.Now it's off the scale and beyond belief that this has gone on so long and I'm getting really tired of cooking on the gasser.Zero rain in Sept. and Oct.
Rain MIGHT be in the forcast this weekend.
It sucks.It's been beautiful 70' fall days too.
P1010075-1.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Jon,

Can you get a chimney cap and screen it and set it over the daisy? That wouldn't be classed as an open fire here.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Maybe get an empty gas cylinder and a faux hook up to make it look like a gasser?
  • hmmmm.
    is the ban against grilling at all? or "open fires"?
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Options
    I hear your pain. We had a bad month out at the lake. This is at 1:00pm, we were going wakesurfing. The withdrawals are hard, that first two weeks..... Wow :( :ohmy:

P1040678.jpg
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I am with Steven, if anyone checked on you I imagine a "you can't do that" and make you stop. Some one said "Sometimes it is better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission", words to live by :P
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    We have a Burn Ban in effect here but it does NOT apply to grilling.
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    That sucks you sure could of had some of our rain. The last 11 days has been the first in 2010 that we haven't had snow or rain in 11 days.
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    Options
    I agree, I have never heard of such a thing! I'm glad I don't live there, I can't imagine such a rule.

We live within the city limits, so we have some extra rules that people outside the city limits don't have, but still.... :ohmy:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Hoss, Jon is located in da mountains. Lot's of trees around them.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Jon, You should have invited yourselves over for the love of the egg....anytime you and Kathy are more than welcome!!
    Cause, that ain't right man!!! ;):) I mean it!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    After the fire in Boulder that was the most expensive in history they won't give an inch.Hundreds of homes lost.
    It's not worth going to jail or even worse losing our home.I'm sure the neighbors would turn me in if i fired it up.It's very dry here.When you walk in the woods it just cracks under your feet.
    Thanks Molly for the invite.It won't be long before snow is falling.I'll have to get retrained on how to use the egg! :woohoo: :laugh: :ermm:
  • NotabuttDave
    Options
    W.C. Fields, "Who made that law?"
    Why the people did.
    W.C. Fields, "That's taking democracy too far!"

(he was speaking of no alcohol sales on election day, but it fits)
  • bgelovergainesville
    Options
    That SuckS!!!!!!!!!! :(
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    hmmm..no such restrictions here...still a free country of sorts ;) ..dunno what kinda gasser you got, but everyone I ever saw had open flame...how's that classify and an egg doesnt