Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ceramic rain cover.

Smoked BrainsSmoked Brains Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Didn't take long for me to break my ceramic rain cover. Should I replace it?
·

Comments

• JB weld will fix it, but clear silicone adhesive will be less visible. no need for high temp silicone.

i toss the daisy into the egg when shutting down (keeps it spic and span), and use the ceramic top to snuff it.

for the first year, i gave the ceramic top a little spin each time i shut it down. over time, the schmutz has filled in any gaps and leveled off, and now the thing is virtually air tight.
    ·
  • Thanks but it kind of shattered. Think you can order new?
    ·
  • sure.
    but call your dealer first and ask if they have an extra. never know.
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Most dealers have a couple on the shelf. Smaller ones might not, but it's worth a call or visit before ordering from the mothership.
    ·
  • Thanks. I'll call.
    ·
  • Till you get a new one it is easy enough to snuff out your fire by putting foil on the top then pushing your daisey donw on the foil. ;)
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    I've replaced my Medium 3 times in 11 years.
    ·
  • About how much $?
    If you gotta ask!?!?
    ·
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    JB Weld works well if you din't mind the crappy gray color.

100_1316.jpg

I also added a wire handle to prevent the next oops. Going on 3-4 years now, JB Weld still holding.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Spray can of Hunter Green paint will match it.
    ·
  • that's why i was suggesting clear silicone. less visible i guess.

but if you have the JB Weld on hand (like i do) from the firebox repair, why not
    ·
  • The super glue is curing as we speak. I'll let you know how it holds!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,075
    Tom,

Be hard to light like that wouldn't it? ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Back in business. Super Glue did not ignite!
    ·