Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Chicken...

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was obvious to me that AZRP's recipe was delicious. There were way too many posts for it not to be. However, I admit I was skeptical about a couple of things. First, I just knew that the chicken was either going to be powdery and white or dried out after 90 minutes at 350 on the egg. Second, I wasn't sure anyone else in my house was going to be able to eat that sauce.

I will happily admit I was wrong... 110% wrong. Not only was that the most GB&D chicken coming off the egg, it was moist and tender, and my wife ate it like it was her last meal. I had to fill her iced tea twice, but she said it was the best chicken, outside her chicken & dumplings, that she had ever had. Woot!!! I got delicious chicken and a spicy dish too! In my book it don't get no better than that. Thanks to AZRP for posting the recipe and thanks to those who made it before me for making it look delicious too!

Here are a few pics of the cook... even though you have seen it before. I did make 2 changes... I used Cider vinegar and I was going to use butter... but I forgot the butter!! :ohmy: :blink:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Some Chicken & Dumplings for comparison
1.jpg

2.jpg

I thought to myself... he should bottle that sauce. Maybe its to late, but I would think about it. :)

Thanks again AZRP!!
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments