Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Belated Eggwegofest pics

Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my photos uploaded, finally.

Another great fest, this year.
Morning setup...the cooks gather, the eggs are lit.
IMG_5635.jpg

ClayQ sets up his gorgeous table.
IMG_5632.jpg

Another work of art, this year.
IMG_5633.jpg

I'm sure he was answering questions about it all day long.
IMG_5636.jpg

RoosterK serving up some fantastic Asian-inspired chicken wings.
IMG_5637.jpg

Attn: Hoss and Richard Fl...loney made an appearance. My wife loved it.
IMG_5639.jpg

RRP passing around the Georgia Red Wings
IMG_5641.jpg

The egging brothers, Steve and Mark (Central IL Egger and ILL--Egger)...and no, the guy with the stylish hat in the first photo is not me...
Steve, and the guy with the great hat.
IMG_5643.jpg
Mark
IMG_5644.jpg

Clays wonderful wife DianaQ (bringer of the bubbles), serving up his pulled pork tenderloin.
IMG_5642.jpg

Our fest-neighbors and their planked mashed potatoes...they also served up a mouthwatering chocolate cake. They had quite a line waiting.
IMG_5650.jpg
TheDirtyBurger in his natural state...seated, beer in hand.
IMG_5653.jpg

BobbyQ and Jim from the mothership made it up for the fest again this year.
This egg will never be this clean again.
IMG_5646.jpg

Bobby preaching egg-gospel...after this he fed 5000 people (okay, maybe a few less than that) using only a couple dozen chicken thighs, and three tubs of margarine.
IMG_5648.jpg

He also served up pulled pork, featuring his soon-to-be-BGE-branded sauce. Fantastic stuff. Apparently my daughter wanted more. My wife says Elly came up to Bobby, held out her tray, and said "more, daddy?" I don't know what to think of this, but I understand the sentiment. It was good pork, and the sauce is fantastic.
IMG_5638.jpg

And finally a few food pics...
Scotch eggs
IMG_5652.jpg

Chicken sate
IMG_5651.jpg

And a couple of my offerings...
a pot of red...disappeared in about 5 minutes...if I hadn't tasted it while it was cooking, I wouldn't have gotten any.
IMG_5640.jpg

And one of my salmon preparations...the only one I got pics of. Many thanks to Beli for the idea of salmon, Raging River, Carnivore robust, and chopped tarragon. It's great stuff. Also many thanks to RogerT, fisherman extraordinaire, for providing all that wonderful salmon. I also prepared the Dizzy Pig maple salmon, jerk salmon, and I used some of RoosterK's asian wing sauce on the last fillet.
IMG_5654.jpg

Finally, thanks to Nancy, Dave, and the rest of the Floribunda crew, for a great time. We had a blast.

Comments