Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead

swampsavage
swampsavage Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
Just joined the forum. I have a large with cart built locally by the Ace hardware dealer. Kids and Grandkids still raving about the pork butt I did when they visited. Only the wife and I most of the time so haven't used it as much as most folks. I need to start working up recipes for 2.

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    or saving pennies for a med :) welcome!! enjoy the egg and forum and we are all here to help and share :)the egg can cook about anything you want to put on it and there are tons of great ideas on here! Julie
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    John and Gloria, Welcome to the forum. :)

Think about what you want to cook on your egg and start a post asking how to cook it. That will get the ball rolling. Then post the cook with pic's we love pic's. ;) Tim

There is only two of us and we have two large eggs.

I see you have smoked a butt already thats great. Do you have a meat thermometer?
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Welcome to the forum. You will really enjoy it here. Ask questions and by all means take pictures. :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • No meat thermometer used while cooking. I have an instant read one I stick in from time to time 'tho.
  • John and Gloria,

Welcome to the forum and to the joy of the egg, it is a great ancient invention. As the other posters stated, ask questions, post pictures and enjoy. Great to have you as part of the community.

Cheers,

John

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• The folks on this forum are great AND as noted already, the posts are very helpful. I am a new egghead as well, in fact, very new as my very first BGE will not be delivered and set up until tomorrow!!! Yea!!! Went out yesterday and bought 2 tri tips, a bunch of baby back ribs and some chicken -- I am ready!!!
    Enjoy the forum and the recipes and you will get some great ideas and support. I have already and I haven't even started cooking yet! :)
  • Deggman
    Deggman Posts: 56
    Welcome! I have been egging for about 3 weeks now, there are only two of us and I have an XL. You should get a couple cornish game hens and spatchcock them, soooo good! And get a Maverick et-73 meat thermometer, only 40 dollars on amazon and it is so convenient! Have Fun!
  • Welcome to the forum. My suggestion would be to select the meat you want to cook and do a search in the search forum box for that item. You will find tons of ideas, pictures and recipes. As soon as word gets out you have an egg, you will be egging for more than 2!

Have fun egging!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Gloria and John, welcome to the forum. :) As everyone has said, we are here to help.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Welcome to the forum. We cook for 2 most of the time, but it's also nice to prepare larger amounts too (gotta love leftovers"! And some things just don't taste as good when prepared in small quantities. :)