Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Important info regarding DC Metro fest!

Options
ResQue
ResQue Posts: 1,045
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
FYI-for anyone coming from out of the state of Maryland. As of 1 Oct it is illegal to talk or text on a cell phone while driving without a hands free device. The law passed and as I said went into effect on 1 Oct. Talking on a cell phone is only a secondary violation, meaning that you can not be pulled over just because you are talking on your cell. The police will have to have a justifiable reason(or not) to pull you over for something else like speeding and then can give you a ticket for talking on a cell. I am not sure what the fine is, but I believe it is less than $75 for the first offense. I will see you all there saturday morning and safe travels.

Also, I am not cooking so if anyone needs anything like accessories(for a large), foil, whatever, just let me know.

Comments

• Lovenbrau
    Lovenbrau Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Most people driving and talking on a cell phone commit the primary violation because of the secondary. I wish Florida had the law.
    Enjoy the fest.
  • ResQue
    Options
    This is very true. I have no idea why they didn't make it a primary. I guess if they did, the police would be pulling over tons of people and fining them. That would take up a lot of man/woman power.
  • ResQue
    Options
  • HungryMan
    Options
    Maybe easier to get the law passed. seat belt used to be secondary, now primary. Also if you pull someone over that committed a moving violation, that's on the phone, you can be nice. Give them a warning on the moving violation and a ticket for the phone (non-moving). That gives them a break. then they hire a liar, I mean Lawyer to take it to court. So now they pay more money. The cop goes to court on his day off for time and a half. Everyone is happy. Now the fine that is used to raise money is lost. Taxpayers pay for the judge, court, police and what ever else to support the 3 minute trial.
  • stevesails
    Options
    i'll stri the pot, I think they ought to ban eating while driving.. that is much more distracting than talking on a phone,
    It has been shown that banning texting causes more accidents as people are texting anyway, with the phones lower, and taking their eyes off the road more.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• that's already taken care of under prohibitions of distracted driving, impeded operation, blah blah blah

it's not like you are allowed to apply make up while driving (sorry, Fidel)
  • HungryMan
    Options
    I think everyone should have a dart gun. You shoot at the car that is driving bad. If a car has more than 5 darts, they get a ticket.