Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Leg of Lamb and Potatoes

Deggman
Deggman Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I found a boneless leg of lamb in my freezer and decided to have my Mom (who can cook the best leg o lamb you will ever eat) over for dinner to show her how good the BGE can do! I cooked it exactly as she would cook one in the oven. It is a simple method, I marinated it for the day in EVOO, crushed garlic, rosemary, pepper, sea salt, thyme and sage. Then an hour before the cook I poured red wine vinegar into the bag with the lamb. I then rolled and tied the meat. I cooked it at 350* on a v-rack over a drip pan, with platesetter legs up. Once the meat is on the Egg pour all the marinade over the lamb, so it ends up in the drip pan, now you can baste with the juices about 4 times during the cook. It took about an hour and 20 minutes to get it to 145* (used a Maverick ET-7) then let it rest for about 5 minutes. It was the juiciest leg of lamb any of us have ever had ( and we eat alot of lamb)! The potatoes were cooked along side the lamb in a foil "boat" with evoo, rosemary and garlic. Needless to say, the EGG does it again!
LAMB.jpg

Comments