Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ceramic rain cover.

Smoked BrainsSmoked Brains Posts: 9
edited 8:14PM in EggHead Forum
Didn't take long for me to break my ceramic rain cover. Should I replace it?
·

Comments

• JB weld will fix it, but clear silicone adhesive will be less visible. no need for high temp silicone.

i toss the daisy into the egg when shutting down (keeps it spic and span), and use the ceramic top to snuff it.

for the first year, i gave the ceramic top a little spin each time i shut it down. over time, the schmutz has filled in any gaps and leveled off, and now the thing is virtually air tight.
    ·
  • Thanks but it kind of shattered. Think you can order new?
    ·
  • sure.
    but call your dealer first and ask if they have an extra. never know.
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Most dealers have a couple on the shelf. Smaller ones might not, but it's worth a call or visit before ordering from the mothership.
    ·
  • Thanks. I'll call.
    ·
  • Till you get a new one it is easy enough to snuff out your fire by putting foil on the top then pushing your daisey donw on the foil. ;)
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    I've replaced my Medium 3 times in 11 years.
    ·
  • About how much $?
    If you gotta ask!?!?
    ·
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    JB Weld works well if you din't mind the crappy gray color.

100_1316.jpg

I also added a wire handle to prevent the next oops. Going on 3-4 years now, JB Weld still holding.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Spray can of Hunter Green paint will match it.
    ·
  • that's why i was suggesting clear silicone. less visible i guess.

but if you have the JB Weld on hand (like i do) from the firebox repair, why not
    ·
  • The super glue is curing as we speak. I'll let you know how it holds!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,351
    Tom,

Be hard to light like that wouldn't it? ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Back in business. Super Glue did not ignite!
    ·