Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adult ADHD

2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Renee, I just wanted to say that I had Cindy make me some of those brownies we talked about the other day and they are so good. Thanks for the heads up about adding Symphony candy bars to the cook that made it over the top. Tim

These are so rich and chocolaty. You should post you recipe. :P

Giradelli Dark Chocolate Brownies with Symphony Chocolate bars with almonds and toffee

100_3384.jpg

100_3385.jpg

Comments

• I like to make brownies from scratch, usually...but those Ghirardelli dark chocolate brownies are out of this world. Easily the best boxed brownies I've ever had...all those additions sound good, too.
  • 2Fategghead
    They were Ben :P they were. Yum yum :)
  • I wish I had one of those to go with my coffee! I hope she shares the recipe. I make mine from scratch too, but the recipe can always be tweaked to make ie even better.
    Thanks, Tim.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • I am so glad you enjoyed them. They are simply my version of Paula Dean's brownies. I love the Ghiradelli products and the Symphony with toffee and almonds knocks it over the top.
    A couple of years back I was having some GI issues that allowed me to eat ALL I wanted without gaining weight. These brownies went in the oven everyother day.

If I could recreate my Turkey and Rice soup, that is a recipe to share with the world.
  • 2Fategghead
    Some how I got this from Renee. I think it was a snippet from her post that I saved in word format. Maybe she will chime in and take or add to this recipe. Tim :)

I believe this is Renee's words

Giradelli Dark Chocolate Brownies (2 boxes) in a 9 x 15 stoneware pan at 325* dome for 50-55 minutes Platesetter feet up stoneware on grate. They are to die for and we are now getting requests for them when we go to parties. "Bring those egg brownies!" Cornbread muffins are the others.

If you put 1.half the batter down 2.then 3 of the extra large bars of Synphony Chocolate bars with almonds and toffee 3.then top with remaining batter, you will not be able to stop eating them.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Tim my Doctor is not going to be happy with you :angry:
    But you are my new best friend :lol:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• perfect. now I know how long to bake. I always have to watch as the box time won't work.
  • 2Fategghead
    Mickey, If you go to eenie meenie she may be a little forgiving. If you go to my Doctor you have no worries. Your friend Dr. 2Fategghead :evil:
  • 2fategghead,

Not to take credit away from Renee, the quote was from this post about 2/3 the way down, thought it sounded real familiar.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=964232&catid=1#

That said, I like the addition of the symphony bars and will try that next time I make them. My wife also has added homemade caramel on top as a drizzle when we take them off the egg.

Hope all is well with you.

Cheers,

John

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• You are correct, these are not my creation, just one of my favorites. Did you ever try them with the Synphony bars? Please do.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Tim I can feel my face flushing from the sugar rush just looking at them!LOL
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Tim I can feel my face flushing from the sugar rush just looking at them!LOL
  • 2Fategghead
    Hey John, We are doing fine here. I'm sorry I even used the search function but, could not find it. Thank you for the correction. Tim :)

I knew it wasn't long ago and used key words... :angry:
  • 2Fategghead
    I'll tell you what Dean these things are great but, don't eat them before bed. :blink:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Ahhhh - the good stuff. I'd love to have one right now with an icy cold glass of milk!! :)
  • 2Fategghead
    Elizabeth, You ain't a kiddin. :P Tim :P