Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Egg for Sale

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My small Egg is for sale. It's less than a year old and is in excellent condition. The reason for sale is that I'm ready to move up to a Large Egg. I bought the small Egg last summer, have tried a number of recipes, been quite successful with my efforts, and now I want the additional space to do even more. I had heard of a trade-up policy by the Big Green Egg Company, but they haven't responded to my questions about same. If anyone is interested in buying this Egg or has suggestions about trading up, please let me know. I'm in Connecticut and would be happy to deliver it to anyone living within the tristate area or lower New England. Reasonable offers and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Russell Wayne,[p]If economics permit you might consider keeping the small. I started with a large & recently acquired a small. So far I've found it much better for high-temp cooks like searing steaks. It's also more convenient when I want to do a quick dinner just for the two of us. And having two Eggs makes it possible to cook two things at once that require different temps. [p]Just a thought -[p]Cathy

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cat,
    Very good point Cathy. Since i picked up my small, I have used the small and large in tandem many times. Just did lunch by cooking filet mignons on the small, and thin sliced taters with JJ's rub on the large. Pretty handy for transporting to car campsites. I take mine up to my parents house and cook sometimes.[p]At this point I would feel shorted if I only had one![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    Cat,[p] I agree wholeheartedly. Keep the small and get a large to go along with him. I had a large and got a small later. Having both is great. I can do a couple steaks on the small when I want a quick meal. I fire up the large for bigger quantities. I'm gonna be smoking butts this weekend (Hey NB, whatcha doin' Sunday?) on the large and will keep the small available for my friends that don't eat pork (got some pre-marinated chicken breasts in the freezer). Also, having two comes in handy when I want to sear something at a high temperature, then finish cooking at low temps. Keep it!!!![p]MikeO
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Cat,[p]I agree also. The combination of the two cookers adds a lot of versatility and options, i.e., convenience![p]Spin

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Russell Wayne,
    I agree with everyone else. Keep the small and buy a large to keep it company! Use the small for smaller meals, steaks, salmon, chicken breasts, and the large for ribs, pulled pork, turkey, and briskets. I'm trying to convince my wife that we "need" both of them! She's not buying it, but if you decide to sell the small, I'll buy it for her!!!
    (I live in PA...can work out shipping.)