Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old Table w/ New Granite Top

Options
SmokinSoCal
SmokinSoCal Posts: 145
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My buddy asked if my food will taste better now that I have a new table.... OF COURSE!!

photopd.jpg
photo1ne.jpg
photo2gd.jpg
photo3nu.jpg

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Looks are everything and that's one fine table.

Great job.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Paco
    Paco Posts: 27
    Options
    Nice Table!!!!
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    Very nice new/old (updated) table!! :P

BTW, what tool did you use to cut the granite in a radius cut?

I'm trying to figure out how to cut some porcelain tile for my table, but I don't know what I'd need to use to make a circular cut.

I've had tile folks tell me to make straight cuts in an "accordian" type fashion up to the radius line, then snap them off, then file the resulting jagged cuts into a smooth finish. But that seems a bit, burdensome.

I was also thinking I could use 1 of those Fein Multimaster thingie-ma-bobbers (been itching to get one), but from what I've seen, their carbide blades made for tile are only meant to cut in a straight line.

what gives - why can't I make a radius cut in tile? What tool(s) do I need?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • JerseyEgger
    Options
    Looks fantastic SSC!!!
    -Eddie
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    SmokinSoCal, That's a mighty fine looking table top for that mighty fine lookin egg you got there. What next. :woohoo: Tim
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Beautiful...may I ask what is the name of your granite?
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Shad table looks great,same granite that we have in the house.Does the granite make the food taste better?? nooo but it sure does look better.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    Looks great and clean up will be a snap!
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    that looks sharp
    context is important :)
  • LImp Brisket
    Options
    I hope you kept the center they cut out, looks nice!
  • Cruezn
    Cruezn Posts: 317
    Options
    Very nice. Congrats
  • Hiites
    Hiites Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey Hillbilly,
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but I cut my granite tile top radius with an ARCUS blade in a circular saw. Pictures are in the eggtable forum. Do a google search for ARCUS blades and check them out. I was very impressed with the blade.
  • GeorgiaBorn
    Options
    Wow, that looks amazing. Would it be to personal of a question to ask what you paid to have that done? I have the same table and have a continual problem with black soot that comes out of the smoke and settles on the table. I have cleaned and pressure washed my table several times and the black soot just keeps coming back. I would love to add a granite top. If you wouldn't mind, please let me know what that cost. Thanks!
  • SmokinSoCal
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your great comments! In regards to the color I couldn't really tell you a name. Here in SoCal you can go to North Hollywood and find Granite on every corner. This guy offered to "give me the granite for $300 including fabrication and install. I tipped him $100 since he spent 3 hours here and had 2 extra guys with him.

In addition I did keep the cutout and will be making a "Lazy Susan" from it in the near future. I have been wanting to do this for sooooo long and glad I finally have!

Thanks again!
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Shad, that is a great looking table! It will certainly make the cooking more enjoyable.