Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Temperature control/regulation

I've got my bird in the egg. The dome temp is reading 350. We have a polder type digital thermometer with the probe laying on top of the bird. The digital is reading 271. For the longest time they were much closer. Should the digital be used for internal meat temp as opposed to dome temp?

Comments

• BoccieBoccie Posts: 186
    bk,[p]Stick the probe in the thickest part of the thigh. Look for 175° - 180° finish temp.[p]Boccie
  • Boccie,
    Thanks - 20# bird, two hours into it and the thigh is now 151, dome temp is 360. Does that seem right, or is it going too fast?

• BoccieBoccie Posts: 186
    bk,[p]This is probably replied too late... but anyhow I would drop the dome down to 325 range. I think its cooking a touch too fast and may dry out the breast.[p]Boccie