Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bird is cooking REALLY quickly!

PigassoPigasso Posts: 111
edited 4:45AM in EggHead Forum
Been in the egg for 1 hour. Breast temp at 127, thigh same temp. I moved the probe for the guru to the wing of the bird thinking that may be a more accurate place. I have covered the breast and legs with foil as they are alrady toasty brown. Please see my post below with regards to grid/dome temp![p]Gobble!
·

Comments

• PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
    Pigasso,
    I had the same thing happen to me last year. I got worried but the bird was done in a little more than 3 hours. Bird was between 15 and 20 lbs. Threw my timing off, so bird rested in oven until it was ready to serve. Bird was still excellent.

·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Pigasso,[p]So is mine. 140 in the breast after 1.5 hrs (14 lb turkey). But, two factors here: [p]1) I spatchcocked this sucker - I imagine it should cook faster that way[p]2) While cleaning up glass all over my kitchen floor from a wine glass I dropped, my dome temp crept up to 360 and was probably there for at least 15 minutes.[p]Oh well, if it's done early, I suggest the same thing I'm probably going to do - wrap lightly with foil and stick Mr. T in the oven.[p]Good luck![p]TRex
    ·