Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turkey

Options
Smitty
Smitty Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am starting my first turkey on my BGE in a couple hours. Any last minute recomendations for seasonig, prep, cook time,and temp. I am looking for somethung simple and easy.

Comments

• Smokin Bob
    Options
    smitty,[p]Take your pick. There have been sooooo many recipies and recommendations is tough to decide which one to use...[p]I just used the Google search at the bottom of the page and looked at those that appealed to me.[p]Good Luck![p]B o B
  • PCO3
    PCO3 Posts: 50
    Options
    smitty,[p]This year I would recommend "pats" of butter under the skin of the bird. Then salt (kosher) and pepper the outside of the bird.[p]Next year, I would recommend going to www.dizzypigbbq.com to get either Tsunami Spin or Ragin River Rub for the bird.[p]I am using Ragin River Rub with a light pecan wood smoke.[p]Good luck!