Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

turkey

SmittySmitty Posts: 19
edited 5:27AM in EggHead Forum
I am starting my first turkey on my BGE in a couple hours. Any last minute recomendations for seasonig, prep, cook time,and temp. I am looking for somethung simple and easy.
·

Comments

• smitty,[p]Take your pick. There have been sooooo many recipies and recommendations is tough to decide which one to use...[p]I just used the Google search at the bottom of the page and looked at those that appealed to me.[p]Good Luck![p]B o B
    ·
  • PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
    smitty,[p]This year I would recommend "pats" of butter under the skin of the bird. Then salt (kosher) and pepper the outside of the bird.[p]Next year, I would recommend going to www.dizzypigbbq.com to get either Tsunami Spin or Ragin River Rub for the bird.[p]I am using Ragin River Rub with a light pecan wood smoke.[p]Good luck!
    ·