Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

turkey

SmittySmitty Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am starting my first turkey on my BGE in a couple hours. Any last minute recomendations for seasonig, prep, cook time,and temp. I am looking for somethung simple and easy.

Comments

• smitty,[p]Take your pick. There have been sooooo many recipies and recommendations is tough to decide which one to use...[p]I just used the Google search at the bottom of the page and looked at those that appealed to me.[p]Good Luck![p]B o B
  • PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
    smitty,[p]This year I would recommend "pats" of butter under the skin of the bird. Then salt (kosher) and pepper the outside of the bird.[p]Next year, I would recommend going to www.dizzypigbbq.com to get either Tsunami Spin or Ragin River Rub for the bird.[p]I am using Ragin River Rub with a light pecan wood smoke.[p]Good luck!