Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

turkey

SmittySmitty Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am starting my first turkey on my BGE in a couple hours. Any last minute recomendations for seasonig, prep, cook time,and temp. I am looking for somethung simple and easy.

Comments

• smitty,[p]Take your pick. There have been sooooo many recipies and recommendations is tough to decide which one to use...[p]I just used the Google search at the bottom of the page and looked at those that appealed to me.[p]Good Luck![p]B o B
  • PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
    smitty,[p]This year I would recommend "pats" of butter under the skin of the bird. Then salt (kosher) and pepper the outside of the bird.[p]Next year, I would recommend going to www.dizzypigbbq.com to get either Tsunami Spin or Ragin River Rub for the bird.[p]I am using Ragin River Rub with a light pecan wood smoke.[p]Good luck!