Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Guinea Pig

WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 753
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN8627.jpg

I wen't with Auber Insturments PID controller. I realize it not a bbq guru/stoker but under a $100 I think it will do. Since I have not seen any reviews on here I will be the guinea pig. Just arrived today and the quality seems descent. I assumed the fans housing would be a cheap plastic piece. Was surprised that the whole housing was metal. The controller itself is somewhat generic looking. Won't win any style awards. Guru/stoker are much more attractive looking. The guru/stoker also have the food temp probe which this doesn't have. Might just pick up a cheap remote thermometer and fix that problem. But for under a $100 I can skip all the extra goodies. Just don't want to babysit on long cooks and worry about the temp jumping around. Don't get me wrong, I would love a stoker if I could afford the extra chunk of change! But this will do. Sam's Club is offering 15 weeks for $15 membership for the next few days. I have a Costco membership and would like to check out Sam's club meat selection. So I plan on picking up some meat and try out the new toy. Will let you know how it works.

Comments