Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Guinea Pig

WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 968
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN8627.jpg

I wen't with Auber Insturments PID controller. I realize it not a bbq guru/stoker but under a $100 I think it will do. Since I have not seen any reviews on here I will be the guinea pig. Just arrived today and the quality seems descent. I assumed the fans housing would be a cheap plastic piece. Was surprised that the whole housing was metal. The controller itself is somewhat generic looking. Won't win any style awards. Guru/stoker are much more attractive looking. The guru/stoker also have the food temp probe which this doesn't have. Might just pick up a cheap remote thermometer and fix that problem. But for under a $100 I can skip all the extra goodies. Just don't want to babysit on long cooks and worry about the temp jumping around. Don't get me wrong, I would love a stoker if I could afford the extra chunk of change! But this will do. Sam's Club is offering 15 weeks for $15 membership for the next few days. I have a Costco membership and would like to check out Sam's club meat selection. So I plan on picking up some meat and try out the new toy. Will let you know how it works.

Comments