Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any West Michigan eggers?

Options
drbrjb01
drbrjb01 Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just curious where you get your charcoal, wood chunks etc..

Comments

• Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Options
    Not west MI...Mid MI here and I get Royal Oak at Menards. As for wood chunks if you find a spot let me know. I have mail ordered but shipping is high. I just got a ton of apple from a downed tree, but when that is gone I will be on the hunt for some good wood.
  • drbrjb01
    Options
    you're killing me with the go blue stuff...i have been going the internet route for wood too...there is a really good place in grand haven called Bekins if you ever get over there...outside of that i have found nothing...

Go Green, Go White, Let's go State!
  • Kalamazoo Michigan area here. Been getting my lump at Walmarts and Menards. The Walmarts I get it Happfrom has not had it for about 3 weeks. Menards had a sale, between the two I have around 400 lbs to get through the winter. I seem to cook even more when it is cold, nothing else to do but cook and eat good food! Happy eggin!
  • Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Options
    If you really want to get some good stuff, go across the boarder into Canada and get some Maple Leaf. It is awesome stuff. They sell it at a store called Home Hardware but they will not export it. I have used it twice and loved it both times. Unfortunatly one time I was detained at the boarder for three hours while they determined if it was legal to bring charcoal into the states or not. It sucked...big time. But the coal was great!!
  • MusicMan78
    Options
    Royal Oak at WalMart and GFS(bigger bags) and Hickory/Mesqu. chunks snd apple chips at Lowes....best I can do around here.