Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Somewhat O/T

Options
Shwiezzee
Shwiezzee Posts: 304
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went out this morning to pick up some more lump. Stopped at the store we have bought all of our BBQ's and accessories from, I also have been thinking of adding a big brother to our Large for sometime. My birthdays coming up and I was thinking it was a good way to slide it by my wife. :P In my mind I was going to be an owner of a large and a XL for a big weekend cook. ;) The sales person walked up and asked if I had any question. (good start) I explained we are owners of a Large and looking to add to the family in an XL...He replied "Yes they are good but have you seen theses"? He was refering to another cooker called the Big Steel Keg? I listened to his sales pitch and thanked him for his time and left the store. I had to drive another 20 minutes to get the lump. :angry: I'm just blown away and absolutely disappointed. :( That is the last dime that store will ever see from me.

Thank you (I feel much better)
Jay
I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.

Comments

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    heh... I would've asked him what type of warranty the "BSK" offers, and why he thinks it is superior to the Egg.

I wonder if he gets a commission from selling them?

Also, I would've told him that if he's just trying to push the BSK that you would no longer frequent the store.

I recently went to a Quizno's because I had printed out 1 of those "2 for $5.00" coupons they were advertising. When I got there, the kid behind the counter said that they don't accept that coupon. I asked why, and he said that his boss told him to not accept it. I looked at him & said "could you please tell your boss, that his decision sucks and that he just lost a customer." And then I walked out.

I went back a couple weeks later, and they were indeed accepting the coupons now... :P
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • LoneStarEgg
    Options
    Not a very good sales person, but typical. He didn't listen. You told him you were there for an XL. All he had to do was help you get one. :sick:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Hey, Mike! Long time, no lunch! :woohoo:
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Very disapointing isnt it? i hope you have another dealer within reasonable distance
  • grillmandan
    Options
    WOW! Make sure the owner of that store knows what happened. As a dealer, I am sometimes surprised by what my sales people do. If that happened in my store someone would be unemployed.