Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome Needed For A Large Egg

Hitorq
Hitorq Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My dome fell out of the band and broken into several pieces. So I need a replacement dome or if someone needs the bottom half of a large egg I have one for sale. I am in Houston. Please assist, I am getting hungry.

Comments

• That stinks.

Call your dealer. They should be able to order you a new one. Not sure what the going price is, but should be cheaper than a new Egg.

If the Egg is relatively new and came assembled, you might be able to get the dealer to cover part of the cost of the new part, since you could argue it wasn't assembled correctly. Unfortunately, warranty probably won't cover the damage, so it will be between you and the dealer.

You probably also want to have them get you a new set of the bolts that secure the dome in the band. When you get them, tighten them down HARD - you won't break your Egg. After a couple of high temp cooks, check them and tighten again if necessary.

Good luck,

-John