Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Texas dog pie

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,317
edited 6:35PM in EggHead Forum
I know I said I was done with the pie things, but this was a late addition, made a few weeks ago for the kick-off of football season, kinda f’d it up so I didn’t post it, but had a change of heart.

074.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg
078.jpg
080.jpg
081.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

088.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

098.jpg

You can see the dough doesn’t have the typical pie dough flaking, I think they needed about 10 more minutes on the egg, but by the time I cut this one open to take some pictures & realized it, the family was already plowing into the rest…
·

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hot dogs are like mini bologna to me :sick: but I would try that! as always over the top Marc! I bet those would freeze great after you wrapped in the pie dough and just thaw and cook from there.
    ·
  • Mainegg wrote:
    I bet those would freeze great after you wrapped in the pie dough and just thaw and cook from there.

Great idea! For some reason it never crosses my mind how well something might freeze for later.

What recipe did you use for the dough?
    ·
  • nice contradiction there zip with the kosher dogs wrapped in bacon!! ..what would my rabbi have to say about that??!! ...LOL . .looks damn good though. ..
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,155
    I am from Texas and I WILL EAT THAT :)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Those look very good..I don't eat many hot dogs, but I sure would those. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • oh, the things you could do if you had any brains or talent or time and money. otherwise, looks great!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Zippy another masterpiece TKS mi amigo!!
    ·
  • This looks awesome. I think I will try with some Nathan's Dogs this weekend.
    ·
  • thanks! i'm inspired..... my jalepenos.... are finally mature for harvest..rr
    ·
  • jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
    Hey Marc they look really good....still looking for jimmy johns but those hebrew nationals will do.
    ·
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    I'll have to try those. Looks good !!!
    ·